Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Virtual Hot Chocolate Date

So i've been reading some other mommy/healthy eating/fitness blogs, and I got this idea of a "virtual coffee date" from Jenna over at Eat.Live.Run.

Only I don't like coffee, thus, hot chocolate date! (Btw, did you know the first time Tim and I spent one-on-one time together was at Starbucks in Nipomo, with hot chocolate?)

If we were having a hot chocolate date, I'd tell you that I finished painting Baby's room today!  And we love the colors! It's a green-based white and a darker green that matches with Baby's bedding.  Now I can put the room together, but right now it's full of bins and bags of hand-me-down clothes from my wonderful sister-in-laws Charlotte and Maria!  I'm so excited to go through all of the clothes and things, but as it is overwhelming, I'm looking forward to when Baby is born and I can send back of half of it...either the boy stuff or the girl stuff!
"Asparagus" walls, crib, some bedding, and Kensi :)
"Asparagus" and "Celery Ice" walls, and hand-me-downs!
If we were having a hot chocolate date, I can guarantee I'd tell you something about my doggies.  Like that they keep digging holes in the back lawn, looking for the gopher, and Tim keeps getting frustrated at them.  Yesterday he filled the holes in an re-seeded some of it (and put goat wire over the top to keep them from laying on it).
Before going running on Saturday
If we were having a hot chocolate date (and you had an iphone), I would definitely be telling you about my new favorite app!  It's called Bible Verses (it's free, like all my apps), and the little icon is a picture of a pointer finger with a blue string tied around it.  I love it because its an app that helps you memorize scripture.  You can select verses to be "target verses" that you want to memorize, and then once you do memorize them, they go onto a "memorized" list.  You can use their pre-existing verses, or you can add your own by copy and paste from another Bible app.  You can record audio to listen to the verses, blank out words to practice, or view verses as flash cards.  I'm not much of a memorizer (of anything), but this app has really helped me!

PS.  If we were having a hot chocolate date, I would definitely want to be eating a vegan gingercookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment