Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hand-me-Downs

Tim has 2 brothers.  They're both married, so I have two wonderful sister-in-laws, Charlotte and Maria. Between them, they have 4 kids...meaning Tim and I have 3 nephews and 1 niece.

And they make lots of hand-me-downs!!!  Its such a blessing and we are so excited! (Ok, its a little overwhelming for me right now because I have boxes and bags of girl AND boy clothes sitting around.  Thankfully, I have realized I only have to go through the "small" things, and then after Baby is born...and we find out if its a boy or girl...the other half of the hand-me-downs can go live at Mimi's house or something).

There are some really, REALLY, cute things.

I love this onsie.  Tim hates it.  Know why?  DODGERS!!!  So glad this was in the bag from Andrew and Charlotte because I don't know if Tim would ever let me buy one!  I'll have to have the baby wear it around the Paulsen's and my dad:)  (don't worry, a Dodger's onsie is totally appropriate for a girl...I'll just pair it with a little skirt!)

Los Angeles Dodgers baseball

This one is just funny.
"I only cry when ugly people hold me"


This one is perfect for my family.  Auntie Courts will love it.  It's got tools all over it; hand saws, hammers, wrenches.  This also can be paired with a skirt for a girl, because I am a girl who loves to get tools from her daddy (and have a Daddy that likes to shop at Home Depot for me!)
little helper tools

And of course some girly things came from Bekah!  This one is SO, SO cute!!!  Its newborn size so if we have a girl, I want to get her in this fast!
pink zebra stripes with a giraffe

I think this newborn onsie will be something the baby wears in the hospital (if its a girl).  It says "Daddy adores me".  Yup, pretty much.
"Daddy adores me"

Gotta have Batman!  This is a hand-me-down from Bekah that we got for her because Tim and Daniel have this Batman thing.  And a little purple ruffly skirt = too cute!
Batgirl.

These overalls will be the perfect fit for camping at Shaver Lake over Labor Day (notice Kensi's stamp of approval).  Camo is always the theme (and flannels).
Kensi approves these overalls.
I love these overalls too.  I think I have a picture of Elijah in them a long time ago.  Overalls are pricelessly cute for a boy or girl:)
first pair of Levi's

This is the "gangsta onsie".  Kind of.  And we hope there isn't too many parties in the crib at 2am.
"party in my crib, 2am"

For a boy.  Of course.  Hehe.
"automatic sprinkler"

I love this one.  Tie-dye.  I wish I had more.

Tim says if we have a little girl, she will be wearing these all the time.  They're 18-24mo size, but I bet they'll fit sooner because you can just put them over socks and jammies to stay warm!
mini-ugglets

SO. EXCITED. ABOUT. THESE.  Need I say more than tiny Converse hightops???

These little ballet shoe socks are so cute for a girl (Maria has ones in teal too).  Bekah wore these ones to Tim and my wedding :)
ballet slipper socks

This little jammies is for Tim.  It has a rocket on it.  That is all.
rocket jammies

And then of course in this family, you can never, ever, have too many clothes with doggies on it :)
doggie jammies

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Yeah, we aren't planning to have kids until after the NZ trip next year, but the nice thing about being a nanny is that you get pretty close with the families. I am starting my collection of baby stuff as these kiddos grow out of them. I will be well prepared when that time comes. There are some really cute hand-me-downs you got up there^

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed the boat on hand-me-downs! Several of our friends have all the same sex children, and it is the opposite of what we are having. Hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete