Friday, January 11, 2013

Twenty-five weeks and Counting Down!

Week 25 and we FINALLY got to see our 20week pictures of Baby Paulsen.  At 5 weeks later, it had definitely lost its excitement for Tim and I.  We looked at the pictures and said, "well, there aren't really any good ones..." and I think maybe if we got pictures while we were there, we would have asked for some pictures, say, with a little personality, like, when Baby was sticking it's little tongue out.

"Who does it look like?"  ...Yeah, like we know 

At least we got one where Baby's hands were up by it's face.

I'm to the point now of counting down.  Not weeks and months, but birthdays.

There are so many birthdays in our family (and thus get-togethers to look forward to) that all I can think about is this:
1/15- Maria
1/18- Dale
1/21- Andrew
2/3- Callen
2/6- Grandma Alice
3/13- Bippy
3/18- Elijah
3/19- Mom
4/10- Tim
4/11- Ryan
4/12- Grandma Deane
AND FINALLY...
4/22- Bekah!!!!

Each one is like something to cross of my list.
And then the baby comes.  

Also in there, there is the Super Bowl, birthing class, a baby shower, and Easter.  Anyone else want to plan something fun, let me know.  I'll be happy to look forward to it (and then cross it off my list)!

And I'm finally beginning to look pregnant.
Sometimes when I go running (with a 60lb dog on each side) I wonder if people think I'm crazy.  Or if they just think I'm fat and out of shape (when really, the baby is smashing my lungs, and making me carry around 15 extra pounds).
Here's some 25 week stats:

  • Week:  25w5d
  • ETA:  April 25th.  Or earlier...I would be fine with earlier.  
  • Size:  Eggplant (9.2in, 2lbs)
  • Best part so far:  I went up one size in my favorite jeans (yes, I know I'm probably "too old" to be wearing Abercrombie, but they have the perfect amount of stretch and come in short lengths), and I can still zip and button all the way up.  
  • Hardest part so far:  I got a cold after Christmas, and not taking any cold medicine made it probably the worst cold I have ever had.  I slept terrible and I think my sinuses were full of mucus.  Oh, and then Tim read in the What to Expect book that this month of pregnancy, you can expect head congestion.  Double Fail.  
  • Weirdest part so far:  There is a crib at Grandma Deane and Pa Ray's, waiting for us to pick it up.  And I brought home some hand-me-downs from Elijah & Nathan after Christmas.  

And I still have yet to wear any maternity clothes besides my Belly Band.  Thank you whoever invented the Belly Band.  It is the BEST THING EVER.
Work out clothes still fit the best.  Yoga pants are a no-brainer, but for some reason, Nike, Champion, and Columbia make their running tops real long, so they still fit over my belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment