Tuesday, October 16, 2012

No More Bananas

Last Thursday started off as a GREAT day...meaning, I was supposed to work at 6am, and got called off until 7am.  Then, when my alarm clock woke me up, I woke up to seeing lightning out the window (we still don't have curtains).  I got up, pet the dogs, ate some rice pudding and orange juice, and grabbed a banana to go.  I didn't have time to eat my Cheerios because it took 3 outfits to find something that looked good.
I got in the car and started driving to work, and peeled my banana and started eating it.  A little background here:  bananas and I do not always get along.  I only like them when they are a little green with absolutely no brown spots and no bruising.  I don't eat the "end" that has the little prickly in it.  Some times bananas, even perfect ones, make me gag, but mostly through this pregnancy I've been able to take a deep breath and force my banana down.  And up to this point, I have not thrown up yet while being pregnant.  Ha.

So don't read this part if you don't like puke.
So I was driving along, eating my banana, and I had one bite left and I was thinking about how good of a day it was, because I was also eating my banana without gagging.  I jinxed myself.  I took a deep breath...and orange juice came up with the banana.  I started looking around the car for something to spit it out in.  Options were my lunch bag (aka ruin my lunch, hello, no pregnant woman destroys food!) or my purse (ok, no woman ruins her purse either).  So I decide that I have to swallow it, not happening.  At just the thought, juice and banana comes out and overflows my mouth, onto my pants and the steering wheel.  But I'm still left with a mouth FULL of banana-orange juice seconds.
Now I think I missed the part of the college education where you learn to throw up out of a car window, because when I rolled down the window and spit out the window, I did not realize that that activity should not be done at 70mph.  Meaning, the wind helps liquid come back inside the car too!
At this point I realize I cannot go into work like this, so I have to wipe my yucky fingers on my rainjacket that I'm wearing, and get out my cell phone.  Rose answers at the front desk and I tell her that I threw up in the car and I need to go home and change and that I'm really sorry I'll be late (oh, and I'm crying).  So I cry all the way home, good day turning into bad day.
At home, I run into the garage and leave the dirty clothes in front of the laundry machine and put on one of the previously rejected outfits and grab the wipeys to clean my car.  I hosed it down on the outside (at least it took away that 3 raindrop dirt look) and cleaned up front seat, back seat, windows, steering wheel, doors, and the decided that since Tim carpools to work I could take his car.  And realizing I lost my breakfast and was NEVER going to make it to my 11am lunch break not starving, I stopped and got a Blenders smoothie.
The funny part was then, somehow, my message got contorted like in Telephone game, and Kathy asked me when I got there, "Is your car ok?".  I said, "Um, yeah..." because apparently someone had told her I had car trouble??? At least my boss knew, he just smiled and me and shook his head and said, "you ok?".
Yep, I guess I'm ok.  Just staying away from bananas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment