Wednesday, November 13, 2013

That time of Year again...Pie Party

A Pie Party!
A big pie party!
Big pies, little pies,
orange pies, tan pies,
yellow pies, brown pies,
meat pies, and sweet pies
are all at a pie party!
What a pie party!

Whew.  Now that I got that out of my head...
What a pie party!
I don't know how many years our community group through First Christian Church has been doing a pie party, but we all look forward to it every year. 
The guys even get into it.  Then you know its good. 


Tim made a rerun of his Pulled Pork Pie from last year's pie party.
And this year Carlene even asked if she could do a pulled pork pie too.  Obviously they look very different.  Hint:  One looks like it could be on Pinterest, the other not so much.
 And Deanna's mini pumpkin pies could definitely go on Pinterest...

 But I was lazy and made Pizzookie.  In a pie pan.
And there was apple pie too.  Take your choice!

 And Dana's yumminess (obviously named by Collie).

And we dug in.  


Guys.  This pie stuff is serious business.

This year we voted on these categories: Best Dinner Pie, Best Dessert Pie, Manliest Pie, Most Pinterest Worthy Pie, Healthiest Pie, Messiest Pie, and Best Holiday Pie.

Oh but first:  Pie Carnage.

Best Dinner Pie: BBQ Cornbread Pie by Carlene
Best Dessert Pie:  Mini Apple Pies by Shirley
Manliest Pie:  Paulsen's Pulled Pork Pie by Tim
Most Pinterest Worthy Pie:  Mini Pumpkin Pies by Deanna
Healthiest Pie:  Chicken Pot Pie by Heidi

Messiest Pie:  Atlantic Beach Pie by Collie
Best Holiday Pie:  Pumpkin ScoobyDoo Pie by Carlene and Mini Pumpkin Pies by Deanna

And then we enjoyed each other's company.


And for that,
we are thankful.  


(and yes, I like that party hat, Ashlyn!)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you documented this! Carlene and Deanna, is this the 4th annual Pie Night? Oh and Shelby, I like that you said,"...obviously named by Collie. "

    ReplyDelete