Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ashlyn at 5 Months

So I think things are going to start going reallllllllll fast.

Oh yeah, and just chillin in my own chair

Translate:  I wish I could blog more but I can't.

Because soon I'm going to be chasing around a very mobile little girl!

For those of you who know our house, there is no possible way to block off, say, the living room, so we could contain Ashlyn.  Or the dining room.  Or the kitchen.  The front of the house isn't exactly a great room, but it's also got larger doorway areas than a doggy gate can fit.

Enter child-proofing my whole house.  (Yes, I suppose we could block her off in the back of the house, but really what's the point in that?  The idea is for her to be safe while I'm doing things like cooking making baby food and doing laundry).  Thankfully, it won't be until she walks that we're outside every day and everyday becomes "pick up dog poop day".



Besides being mobile now, Ashlyn has accomplished a good many things last month:

Rolled over back to front for the first time.

Ate solid food.

She now successfully grabs toys with two hands and can bring them to her mouth.

She can sit up with assistance.
Took a bottle from Daddy for the first time.
This was right before I left her
Stayed with Mimi and Pappy for a few hours by herself (okay, Cole and Kensi were there too...)

Started shaking things, like toys (I think she learned this from her little friend Bella)!

And she has decided to have FAVORITES:
Favorite person:  DADDY!!! She lights up when he gets home from work!

Favorite food:  applesauce ( I made some homemade).

Favorite toy:  Pink ball.

Favorite song:  still Slippery Fish.

Favorite clothes:  dresses (then she can lift them up and stuff them in her mouth, and Daddy can tickle her).

Favorite activity:  splashing in her bath tub outside in the sun aka "swimming".

Yep, she goes all in when it comes to
splashing!

Favorite doggy moment:  when they lick her...then they actually get close enough so she can touch them!

Favorite word to say:  loud, high pitched ones, or just giggling.


Ashlyn has also had a good many adventures in the last month and tried new things:

Trying Zumba with Aunt Maria (and some help from Daddy).

First dip in Shaver Lake.

Became interested in food.

First trip car camping (in her flannel!)

Ate green food!  Which is more than I ever did apparently.  

First trip to Avila Valley Barn to feed the animals.
No, Mommy, lettuce is for girls, not goats!
First pickle.  WIN!
Can I just have my nap, please?
Went swimming in her new floaty.


Had her first big girl ponytail!

Read her first book!

I could put a million photos up of her looking at books,
she just looks so adorable!
Started wearing a few 6 month clothes, and warmer clothes.


We are so excited to see what she does in this next month!!! (Besides go to the Avocado Festival, be 6 months old, and go to Yosemite...)

No comments:

Post a Comment