Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baby's Room

After my baby shower almost 2 weeks ago, we finally have enough things in Baby's room to make it worth while to take pictures and share!
Everything in Baby's room fits in one corner!
Tim and I are both really excited about how the room looks.  In fact, one Saturday morning, Tim got up and walked into Baby's room, saying, "I love this room in the morning!" and that was before we had all the "stuff" in there and just had the walls newly painted.
The colors we used are Behr Premium with zero VOC (Dad says that as well as being okay for preggos, its better for the environment).  The two darker walls are "Asparagus" and the two lighter ones are "Celery Ice".  Yes, we are brainwashing our child to like veggies!  (Most people think we picked green because it is gender neutral, but we probably would have picked green anyways, we don't want pink or blue!)

Bear on "Into the Forest" bedding
"Into the Forest" with a deer, raccoon, squirrell, bear,
and smaller bird, bunny, and fox.
We picked these two colors because they go great with the bedding we picked out months before.  Tim wanted Baby to have a "forest themed" room (kind of like we are going to do in the front bedroom aka study), whereas I didn't want something dark OR neutral baby colors.  Then I saw this ZutanoBlue bedding on Target.com, but when I went back to look at it, it was all sold out.  I was devastated.  It was perfect.  Forest theme and bright colors! I looked everywhere online for it, but no one had it, so I started looking all over again.  About a month later I came back to Target.com and it was in stock again!!!  We immediately ordered it.
Rocking chair in front of "Celery Ice" on the left and
"Asparagus" paint color on the right.
We have been fortunate enough to have gone low-cost on all (two) pieces of furniture in Baby's room.  The rocking chair we picked up on Tim's parents street in Los Osos with a "free" sign on it, and the crib was mine when I was a baby and had been stored at Grandma Alice and Pa Jack's house.  Yes, it is a drop down, and yes, we are leaving it that way.  (We are mostly worried about Cole and Kensi chasing a tennis ball and splitting their head open crashing into the metal fixtures on the bottom)!
Decked-out crib
We got some sweet little things at Baby's shower to add to the room.  My sweet friend Tara from And Grace Abounds asked what my bedding looked like, and then made this little fabric framed raccoon just like on the bedding!!!
Cute fabric raccoon!
Orange "B" security blanket bear
Baby got some more ZutanoBlue products that match with the bedding from Mimi, including, the multi-colored multi-patterned bumper, the orange security blanket "B" bear, and the softest teal boa blanket with the little deer pattern on it.  Baby got a white crocheted blanket from my "Great" Aunt Sue (apparently I have one in a box at Mom & Dad's house), and a classic A.A. Milne "Winnie the Pooh" map patterned blanket from Keven, Shayna, and Gunnar.  From Auntie Wendy and Stevie, Baby got a giant penguin!  Tim wasn't so sure about it, but our niece Bekah loved it and carried it around when she was here, and  today our little friend Gunnar was "wrestling" with "P".  So cute.  If Tim lets me, I want to take a picture each month with Baby laying next to the penguin to see how much Baby grows.

Bumper and "Into the Forest" sheet, crocheted blanket and
Winnie the Pooh blanket.
Deer teal boa blanket and tall penguin.

1 comment: