Wednesday, March 20, 2013

35 weeks and a Birth Plan!

Thirty-five weeks!  Yea!
Carlene was asking me when my next appointment was today, and its next week, but the crazy part is that after that, I go EVERY WEEK!  Meaning, its almost April and April is when the baby comes!  Cray-zee!



Last week, Tim came to my midwife appointment so we could discuss the Birth Plan.  I know, I know, it's not a "birth plan", it's "birth preferences".  (Every time I think this, it reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean, "they're more like guidelines anyways").  It was really good for me to go over some of the things that "I want"...because there's no way that during labor I'm going to be reasonable and understanding, nope, I'm going to want what I want and be blunt about it.  And maybe a little bit mean. I'd rather have it all written down and then if for some weird reason, I'm like this nice-sweet-labor person, that's fantastic for the nurses.  LOL.
Here's what Baby has been up to on the inside while we're preparing for it on the outside:
  • Week:  35w0d
  • ETA:  April 25th.  I'm still measuring on track.  Baby has been head-down for about 5 weeks now too!
  • Size:  large cantaloupe (19-22in, 6lbs)
  • Best part so far:  Still no maternity clothes.  Just yoga pants, stretchy tanks, jeans one size up, and a belly band! 
  • Hardest part so far:  Um.  Waiting?  Now I just feel like I'm to the super-bored point!  And there could be up to 7 weeks left:( 
  • Weirdest part so far:  I sometimes forget I'm pregnant.  Right now I'm most comfortable when I'm walking, and so the doggies and I go out on a walk and I forget I'm pregnant and wonder why people walking by give me these sweet little smiles.  Oh yeah, I'm the really pregnant girl walking her two 60lb boxers.  Right.  One time when I was on a hike with Tim, a lady even asked how far along I was and I kind of looked at her blankly before realizing she was talking about the baby.  At least I'm comfortable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment