- If I put my hand on my stomach, the baby stops moving. Tim is never going to be able to feel this little one!!!
- Cramps are not always cramps. Sometimes they are your colon talking to you, telling you you need to eat more fiber. In that case, if you are a Tregea (aka my mom's family), and you also have a chocolate aversion, you're probably pregnant, regardless of what the test says. Wait 5 days and take it again. They only cost $1 at the Dollar Tree.
- I need protein before dinner. I've noticed on days when I go on a run and eat a yogurt, I don't get a headache. Days that I choose to eat toast or something plain carbs, I usually end up with a good headache until I eat some protein.
- We eat better when Tim cooks one meal a week. I'm stuck in a rut and tired of all the dishes I make, he goes online and looks up Giada's recipes and makes new things (it must be his older brother Andrew's influence...Andrew who will not order the same thing over again at a restaurant)!
- On health (and also great advice right at the beginning): "Everything that is abnormal when you're not pregnant, is normal when you're pregnant." -Carlene
- Our dogs will do anything for food. After trying for EIGHT MONTHS to teach them to jump into the back of my SUV (so I don't have to pick up 57# dogs), put their food up there (or throw a little piece of cheese), and they hop right in. Stevie and I even got them to jump into the bed of her Dodge Ram Hemi one day. Ridiculous.
- Choose to either work 7 hour days on your feet for $10/hour, or go running. I eventually chose running. And I feel so much better. And my house is clean now.
- The only way I am going to clean the house is if I make a schedule, because, I hate vacuuming.
- Apparently listening to classical music while you are pregnant doesn't make your baby smarter, but I do wonder what hip-hop and country music do to a baby...
- REI has really, really good deals!!! I'm buying a BOB stroller and getting the carseat FREE.
- Camping isn't so bad when pregnant. There's no chores to do, and you can sit around on the beach and read books. Husbands are even more likely to be helpful, there's something manly about cooking and doing dishes when it's done in the dirt.
- Painting toes, cutting toe nails, putting on socks, and tying shoes in jeans is a no-no.
- The Belly Bands are AMAZING!!! After being so sad and thinking about the next 5 months I will spend in yoga pants and leggings (being cheap and not wanting to actually BUY maternity pants lol), Carlene texted me about her belly band and how she could wear jeans! I pulled mine out (still in the Target packaging) and ended up testing it out on Thanksgiving day. If jeans are still comfortable after Thanksgiving dinner, its a winner! Now I have returned to my regular attire of jeans, tank tops, and Juicy zip hoodies.
Wednesday is our 20 week ultrasound! Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment