Wait. WHAT?!?!
Film? Huh?
One confused pregnant girl here.
So I figured that since its not looking like we'll get photos of our little baby until after the holidays, I figured I would go ahead and post an update sans-pictures :(
We're more than halfway done!!! Now the bigger numbers on my little app are the ones on the top, and the smaller numbers are the ones that are, well, getting smaller!!! Like a countdown. I know, I know, those of you that have gone through labor are probably like WHY is she excited and counting down to THAT?!?
Because I'm the type of person who eats the food I don't like first. I save Grandma's Potatoes and french fries for last. I do the chores I don't like first. That means vacuuming and dusting definitely come before fold clothes. So I'm looking forward like its time to get the "bad part" out of the way!
But April 25 still looks a long way away.
- Week: 22w1d
- ETA: April 25th...the US read April 29 based on size, but I'm fine with a smaller baby, and maybe that doesn't include the head measurement, because Tim has a big head!
- Size: Papaya (8in, 1.2lbs)
- Best part so far: Tim felt the baby moving!
- Hardest part so far: Um...not having the pictures from the ultrasound that was over a week ago?
- Weirdest part so far: We had our Turkey Party yesterday, so I was on my feet from 11am-7pm, and my ankles actually got swollen and the jeans marks from being stuffed into my Ugg boots stayed for a long time! (Ok, and they did look "black & blue", but then I realized that because I have black Uggs, when I don't wear socks in them and have them on for a long time, it rubs off onto my ankles. LOL.)
I'm still having vivid dreams, which is weird for me. I can't remember any of them right now.
I'm still running (but I pulled a bunch of weeds last week in the yard and my hamstrings go SO SORE I've been having to stretch more). My running is starting to go backwards I feel like. I always feel like, when I don't run for a while, and then start again, the breathing starts out hard and gets easier as I get in better shape. I feel like I'm going to opposite as the baby grows. It's invading my abdominal space (my uterus is like a good 2 inches above my belly button now), making my abdominal stuff squish up into my lung area. I'm such a Kines nerd that I'm going, "My VO2max is decreasing! My VO2max is decreasing!...I wonder how it changes over time during the pregnancy?" The doggies are definitely in better shape than me now and make our runs look easy (by coming home and promptly starting to chase each other around and wrestle, demonstrating that they are not tired in the least)!
I finally found a kind of chocolate that tastes good. Grandma Tregea's chocolate fudge recipe!!! On Sunday after we had made the fudge, out of curiosity, I liked the spoon. And it was good. So surprised. Good thing fudge is only around during Christmas season!
Oh, and a proud moment for me. We went to see The Hobbit with Cousins last Friday, and I sat through the whole 3 hour movie with no pee breaks. Oh, the big accomplishments of pregnancy! Hopefully this trend will continue as we leave this Friday to travel for the holidays and Tim HATES stopping for bathroom breaks!
No comments:
Post a Comment