Thursday, December 13, 2012

Red Solo Cup, I Lift You Up!

Last year, Tim and I searched for the perfect topper for our Christmas tree.  We debated through angel, star, upside down stocking, ice cream cone (with the ice cream eaten out of it), penguin, anything.  Nothing fit, and we found nothing inspiring in the post-Christmas sales.
This year, we set up our Christmas tree and still had no topper.  Somehow Tim started singing, "Red Solo Cup, I lift you up!  Let's have a party, let's have a party....Red Solo Cup, I fill you up!  Proceed to party, proceed to party" from the Red Solo Cup song by Toby Keith.  He then asked if we had any red solo cups, and I pulled one out of the pantry (confession:  its not solo cup brand).
And Tim put it on top of the tree.



And now we have:
The Party Tree


A couple days later, Tim cut out angel wings and a little angel head to make our red solo cup a little more Christmas-y.  But this will probably be our tradition.  Tim wants to make it a competition when we have kids and they are older...like an ice cream eating contest in their red solo cups.  Then the one who won would get to sign their cup and get it put on top of the Christmas tree for the year.
Now Sunday (hopefully, depending on Tim's work schedule), we will proceed to party for our 2nd Annual ChrisTurMas!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment