Because I had yet to make anything with pumpkin this season, and Carlene had told me that Drew had been very disappointed to not have a pumpkin dessert at their Thanksgiving, I decided to try the Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes from bakingbites.com.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
2/3 c. flour
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
2 t. pumpkin spice
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1-15oz. can pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. evaporated milk
Preheat the oven to 350℉ (my oven is wonky right now, so I had to preheat it waaay before I started so it stops going up and down in temperature).
Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cupcake liners (if you had silicone liners, these would be better because it tends to stick to the paper and it's hard to get off).
Combine the wet ingredients in one bowl, and the dry ingredients in another. I just used a measuring cup for the dry ingredients so there would be less dishes. But I also forgot that in pumpkin pie, brown sugar and sugar go in with the wet ingredients, but mine turned out just fine so I guess it doesn't matter that much.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just so its all mixed in and there are no streaks.
I poured some of the batter back into the measuring cup to use the spout to pour into the cupcake liners.
This is what the doggies were doing while I was pouring the batter into the cupcake liners...staring at me longingly, hoping some would just happen to fall on the floor. Maybe I let them have a little bit...
The original recipe said to put about 1/3 cup into each liner, but, I just used all the batter and it filled up each liner about 1/4 inch from the top (they didn't bubble over, so no worries).
When they came out of the oven, they were puffy like below, and then the soft center sinks leaving a little crater, perfect for holding whipped cream!
We ate them with whipped cream on the top. Yummy!
We think they turned out pretty good. They make a small batch, which is perfect for us, and Tim has been taking them as breakfast this week, which makes him happy. It's always good to keep your husband happy :)








No comments:
Post a Comment