Wednesday, November 7, 2012

16 weeks-ish

I actually don't know exactly how far along I am, all I know, is that on Sundays, I get to add a week.  I've stopped addictively reading every little detail for every little day on my "What to Expect When Expecting" app.  So I just looked, to tell you.

  • Week:  16w3d
  • ETA:  April 25th is my "official" due date based on our first ultrasound
  • Size:  Turnip (5", 5oz)
  • Best part so far:  I can run again now!!!  I've been running 3 days a week with the doggies.
  • Hardest part so far:  Translating insurance bills, seriously, its a new language.  
  • Weirdest part so far:  I don't like to eat meals in jeans anymore, I prefer yoga pants or leggings.  
At my appointment today not much happened.  Megan (my midwife) asked me how I felt, she laughed about no more bananas.  LOL.  Now I do too.  We decided to schedule my 20 week ultrasound for before my next appointment, and she used the doppler to listen to the baby's heart beat.  Apparently, for 16 weeks, it took a long time to find the heart beat (I didn't know this).  She was wiggling around the little wand on my little pooch of a tummy, and then came back to the middle in one of the spots she had been before and there was the heart beat, loud and clear.  She goes, "SNEAKY BABY!  You were hiding from me!" and I said, "my kid would play hide-and-seek with a doppler."  Then she told me that it took a long time for 16weeks (and that I almost got another ultrasound as the machine was sitting right there in the room), but that the placenta might also still be in front of the baby making it hard to hear.  

So in 3-4 weeks, Tim and I get to go see our baby again, and NOT find out if its a boy or girl.  Surprise coming late April!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment