Saturday, April 20, 2013

39+ Weeks: Waiting.

ANY. DAY. NOW.

But I don't think Baby is interested in coming out yet.  At 37 weeks, doggies and I got caught in the rain and ran 1/2 mile home.  I walk them 1hr every day.  I did 500 jumping jacks yesterday.  I take raspberry red leaf supplement.  I'm taking pineapple & papaya enzymes.  Mom and I pulled all the ivy off the back fence yesterday.
They have so much energy even after an hour walk! 

As much as Baby doesn't want to come out, we're so ready for it.

  • Tim accuses me of "hogging" Baby and says he wants a turn to hold it.  
  • We decided on both our boy name and girl name.  Stay tuned to find out what it is!!! 
  • We installed the carseat base in our car around 36 weeks.  What's really nice about our Britax BOB B-Safe carseat is it goes in the car with two "latches" so we can move it easily AND it can be buckled into the car baseless if we want to take Tim's car somewhere quick.  My Trailblazer is weird though, and in the car manual it says DO NOT put a rear-facing carseat in the middle seat.  Fine, we wanted it on the side anyways (then we can put the other two seats down and fit more things + dogs in the car).
Paulsen clan (Baby at 36 weeks)
  • I painted my toes pink & blue!

  • We actually put the hospital bags (meaning clothes, food, and dog bags) into the car at 39 weeks.  Ha.  
  • Our pediatrician will be out of town the weekend of the 26-28th.  Seriously going to have Baby that weekend.  Again, ha.  
  • I know we are crazy, but we really, really want to be able to go to the Beach House for Miracle Miles for Kids on Saturday, April 27th.  Its a great day with friends, food, and Tim and Drew get to kayak.  I've also heard its a great place to sit and recover from having a baby ;) 
  • Tim also doesn't want to have to go to work on the 29th.  Its rocket goes from horizontal to vertical day, and, while it's cool, there's also lots of things that can go wrong (and since ULA is on a safety-kick, he'd rather just not be there.  And did I mention he wants to meet his baby?).  

I haven't really been "nesting", I'd rather do ANYTHING than clean my house, honestly.  I vacuumed today because the dogs are so dirty (they also got a bath) and I dusted this week to try to jinx Baby out! I have enjoyed making some "freezer meals", but realized they're all Mexican dishes.  Ha.  I still have some meatloaf and lasagna to make, but right now there's 3 kinds of enchiladas and a chicken-rice bake.

No nesting, just maybe doing a little bit of shopping.  I can't resist.  It's probably a good thing that we don't know if Baby is a boy or a girl!!!



And just because I can't resist:



No comments:

Post a Comment